Fertile Ground Food Coop (FGFC) is a Southeast Raleigh-based multi-stakeholder cooperative that highlights the community’s entrepreneurial spirit, helps create pathways to living-wage jobs, increases access to healthy/affordable food, and fosters collective ownership. We are working to open a community owned grocery store in Southeast Raleigh to help our residents obtain healthy and affordable food.
You are invited to participate in FGFC’s Community Farmers Market 10 AM – 2 PM, every Saturday, July 1st thru August 5th at Vital Link, 1214 E. Lenoir ST, corner of Lenoir and Tarboro RD, Raleigh, NC 27610. This is a great opportunity to build your customer base, help us provide healthy food to the community and network with our community-owned food cooperative. Vendor space is limited. Register now to reserve your space!!
• Spread awareness about your business and offerings
• Expand network with producers and Fertile Ground
• Access to potential employees and customers
Questions? Call 919-473-6862
FGFC Farmers Market Guidelines (Rules & Regulations)
Vendors, make arrangements for state retail licenses, and comply with any North Carolina regulations that may apply to the products you are vending. Fertile Ground Food Coop (FGFC) has no knowledge of such requirements and assumes no responsibility for the vendor’s compliance with the same. However, if the City or State becomes aware that a vendor is in violation, said vendor may be asked to leave
• Vendors are highly encouraged to obtain liability insurance for the products they sell. Fertile Ground Food Coop has no insurance coverage for vendors participating in the market.
• Vendors must provide tables, chairs and tents/shade covers that fit within the vendor space provided - roughly 10’ x 10’. Use tent/shade cover stakes, anchors that make no permanent holes in parking surface. No electricity available.
• All agricultural products (jellies, jams, pickled vegetables, sauces, etc.) must be produced and packaged to accepted industry standards and bear a logo with name and address.
• Vendors who are producers of original hand made items being sold are invited. No product re-sellers. NO PORK or ALCOHOLIC PRODUCTS.
• The FGFC market selects only original crafts that are self-produced, handcrafted and of high quality workmanship.
• Vendors, submit registration form immediately, yet no later than June 15.
• Vendor fee should accompany registration, yet must be received no later than June 20.
• Each seller is responsible for cleaning up his/her vendor area.
• Thank you for operating a professional business at all times.
• The FGFC Farmers Market will close if hazardous weather conditions are imminent.
• Growers selling products labeled as ORGANIC must be in compliance with the National Organic Program and have appropriate documentation to prove this.