Want to join the Fertile Ground Food Cooperative Board of Directors? You must be a member of Fertile Ground to serve on the board. Not a member yet? Click here.
To submit your nomination, please...
- Review the expectations of board members
- Submit your Candidate Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an endorsement from another member or board member for your nomination to email@example.com
Candidate Statement and Co-op Member Endorsement available below
We will hold elections at our next members' meeting on December 1st, 2018, at the Vital Link at 11:00 am. Paper ballots will be available. In addition, online voting will be an option for 4 weeks after the meeting. Check back on this page soon to vote online!
In 2017 the by-laws were amended to increase the number of chairs on the board to 11.
The Board of Directors of Fertile Ground Food Cooperative is an elected leadership body. Responsibilities are listed below.
- executing the mission and purposes of the FGFC
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the general manager & other Board staff
- planning strategically to execute the mission
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the FGFC’s programs and services
- enhancing the FGFC’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
Each individual board member is expected to
- know the FGFC’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- read and understand the FGFC’s financial statements, by-laws, other official documents & additional readings related to the FGFC mission, work
- serve as active FGFC advocates and ambassadors and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the FGFC to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the FGFC’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation commensurate with individual capacity
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the FGFC’s fundraising and reputational standing and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully on one or more committees
- follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization
- maintain a civil demeanor regardless of disagreement and respect each person’s humanity