Children's Activity Coordinator
The children’s activity coordinator organizes the various group activities related to children, ages 2-12 and focuses on knowledge enhancement activities and safety considerations when creating activities. Additional responsibilities include supervising and arranging these activities while their parents shop at the Farmers Market, arranging water donations for children during these activities, and ensuring children are signed in and out of childcare area. Provide guidance and supervision during children’s activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating different activities for each weekly FM
- Creating sign in and sign out sheet for children while in their care.
- Verifying space and capacity for children activities
- Setting up area with activities for children before FM starts
- Completing a review meeting with FGFC FM Coordinator 30 days before event
- Proving weekly updates to FGFC FM Coordinator
- Organization skills
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting skills
- Practical and creative abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Available duration of Farmers Market, June 2nd – July 21st.
This volunteer opportunity requires the person(s) to be able to work in 80 to 90-degree weather conditions 8 Saturdays starting June 2nd through July 21st from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This position will require the coordinator to be onsite to set-up before Farmers Market begins and break down/clean up after FM ends. One hour before and one hour after are recommended for set-up and clean up.
This position, you will report to Monife Balogun (FGFC FM Coordinator)
If you are interested in serving as the Children's Activity Coordinator, fill out the form below!