Farmer's Market Class Organizer
The Farmers Market Class Organizer assists and engages Class Facilitators who will present new and helpful educational topics to the Community. These topics will support the mission and goals of the FGFC. The Class Organizer must have a clear view and understanding of the educational needs and wants of the Community and make sure the Facilitators meet these goals. The Class Organizer must provide schedules, plans and work with the Outreach Marketing & Canvassing team to advertise Facilitator classes during FM. The Class Organizer ensure that organizational facilitators and respective organizers are aware of the FM’s weekly schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Class Facilitator application
- Contact all 2017 Facilitators
- Recruit Class Facilitators
- Interview Class Facilitators
- Verify space and capacity for classes
- Outline Class schedule for Outreach & Marketing Team
- Receive weekly attendance report from Class Facilitators
- Organize Class Facilitators space setup
- Setup K.O. Class Facilitators meeting 30 days before event
- Setup weekly reminder schedule for Facilitators
- Provide weekly updates to FGFC FM Coordinator
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting skills
- Available duration of Farmer’s Market (Saturday’s for 8-week time frame of June 2nd – July 21st)
Indoor working conditions. Must understand that weather maybe between 80 and 90 degrees outside.
This volunteer opportunity will require the coordinator to be onsite before and after each Class; one hour is recommended. Must organize and be able to assist in Class Facilitator area. Coordinate and assist with setup and breakdown if required.
If you are interested in serving as the Children's Activity Coordinator, fill out the form below!