Set-up and Break down Coordinator
The Farmers Market Equipment Setup & Breakdown Coordinator supervises and assists the team assigned to help set up and close the Farmers Market. This work includes unloading trucks/vans/cars to assemble and set-up equipment and supplies in each area of the Farmers Market. The equipment could include tables, chairs, and tents. The Coordinator will assist with these tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload and load Vendor supplies and equipment
- Setup & take down tables, chairs, and tents
- Verify space for setup
- Setup & take down market flags
- Setup & take down yard signs
- Validate assignments each week
- Setup K.O. Setup & Breakdown Coordinator meeting 30 days before event
- Setup weekly reminder schedule for Setup & Breakdown team
- Provide weekly updates to FM Coordinator
- Ability to lift and assemble
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting skills
- Available each Saturday during Farmers Market, June 2nd – July 21st
This volunteer opportunity requires the person to be able to work in 80 to 90-degree weather conditions for 8 Saturdays, June 2nd through July 21st. Setting up the site from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and returning for dismantling site from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Coordinator and all team members should be able to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. without any injuries. Have knowledge of setting up tents and tables
If you are interested in serving as the Set-up and Break down Coordinator, fill out the form below!